I am a state registered Art Psychotherapist, registered with HCPC and a member of the British Association of Art Therapists.
I have nearly a decade of experience in art psychotherapy, and over eight years experience working in social care.
As well as my private practice at the London Art Therapy Centre, I am a lecturer on the Art Psychotherapy MA at Goldsmiths College and co-founded a Therapeutic Art Studio for refugees – the New Art Studio.
- I have experience working with young adults who are marginalised, struggle with their identity, self harm, have destructive behaviour and suicidal thoughts.
- I have worked on women’s group therapy programmes designed for survivors of sexual and emotional abuse, which as a male therapist allowed me to assist participants in making positive connections with men, sometimes for the first time.
- I have experience in working in NHS outpatient programmes, involving helping isolated and often highly traumatised people move away from destructive coping strategies.
- I have worked with personality disorder, and realise how stigmatising diagnostic labels can be. I work without bias and aim to create a therapeutic relationship sees beyond diagnosis.
- Issues I have helped with in the past include: anxiety relationship issues, depression, generalised anxiety disorder, bipolar disorder/manic depression, family issues, affairs and betrayals, separation and divorce, emotional abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, gender, PTSD, trauma, anger, suicidal thoughts, self harm, recreational drug use, alcoholism, destructive coping strategies, personality disorders, low self-esteem, low self-confidence, abortion, adoption, miscarriage, child related issues, attachment disorder, stress, borderline personality disorder, Asperger’s, autism, learning disability, long term illness, HIV/AIDS, psychosis, schizophrenia, hearing voices.
For my full career history, see my LinkedIn page.